CSIdentity Corporation (“we,” “us” and “our”) respects individual privacy and values the confidence of our subscribers. We want you to be familiar with what information we collect about you, how the information is being used and what choices you have regarding the collection and use of the information. The privacy principles that we follow with respect to the collection, use, disclosure and protection of information in the course of providing our products and services are consistent with relevant U.S. federal and state laws.
If you are an international subscriber, please go here to view privacy practices related to products sold outside of the U.S.
By using our websites, mobile applications and/or our products and services, you consent to the privacy practices described in this Policy. You also agree to obtain annual notices of, and changes to, this Policy electronically by visiting our website.
Personal Information We Collect
Personal information is information about you that identifies you as an individual. The personal information we collect depends on how you interact with us and the products and services that you subscribe to. We collect personal information directly from you through our websites, Application Program Interfaces (“APIs”) and mobile applications as well as interactions with you over the phone with our customer service (collectively, the “Site”). We also collect personal information from third party data sources.
- Information provided by you when you subscribe for products and services including contact and identity information such as your name, date of birth, postal and e-mail address, phone number and Social Security number. We also collect payment information when you subscribe.
- Information provided by you about your children when enrolling your children in our child identity protection products such as their name, Social Security number and date of birth.
- Information provided by you when using our products and services such as other e-mail addresses, income, additional phone numbers and financial account information.
- Information you provide us when you contact our customer service
- Information obtained from others on your behalf, including information from our affiliated third parties, such as account balances, payment, sensitive health information and credit histories.
We Use Personal Information:
- To verify your identity, provide you with the products, services and/or features you have requested, administer our relationship with you and to communicate with you.
- To process payments for the products you have requested.
- If applicable, to verify your children’s identity and provide products, services and/or features you have requested on behalf of your children.
Depending on the information you provide and your products, services and/or features, personal information is used to access and monitor various data sets that you have requested that we monitor and provide you with identity protection services.
We also use personal information for internal business purposes including accounting, support, security, fraud prevention, research, development, analysis and audits.
Non-personal information is aggregated, de-identified or any other information that does not reveal your specific identity and may be used for any purpose. This includes information described under “Cookies and Tracking Technologies” unless combined with personal information. If we combine any non-personal information with personal information so that it personally identifies you, the combined information will be treated by us as personal information as long as it is combined.
How We Share Personal Information
As a part of Experian, we share personal information with Experian companies (“affiliates”) for the purposes noted in this Policy. We also share personal information with other non-affiliated third parties as described:
Service Providers:To provide you with the products, services and/or features you request, we will share your personal information with our affiliates and other third parties who perform services on our behalf (“service providers”). We will also share your personal information with service providers for billing, communications, fraud prevention and other business purposes.
Legal: We may share your personal information, as necessary and permitted by law, to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud or to respond to governmental requests.
Business Transfers: In the event of a merger, acquisition or reorganization of some or all of our assets, we may share and transfer your personal information to an affiliate or a third party.
We may share aggregated and de-identified information with third parties for any purpose.
Cookies and Tracking Technologies
We and our third-party service providers, including analytics and advertising partners, collect information automatically when you access and use the Site which we will store in log files. The types of information collected and how that information is used depends on how you interact with the Site and choices you make including:
- Cookies: A cookie is a small piece of text sent to your browser by a website you visit. The Site collects and uses session and persistent cookies. Session cookies expire when you close your browser and are used to store your preferences and settings. Persistent cookies remain on your hard drive for an extended period of time. Persistent cookies also enable us to track various internal metrics and track and target the interests of our website visitors to enhance their experience on our Site.
- Tracking Technologies: In addition to cookies, the Site automatically collects and uses other tracking technologies, including web beacons which are electronic images also called pixel tags or clear gifs. These technologies collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites or online services. The Site also collects your activity on our Site, links that you click on and pages viewed, the URL of the website you came from and emails that you opened or forwarded. That information is used for a variety of purposes including Site administration, performance, custom content and improvements; enabling you to enroll and log-in to the Site; tracking Site usage and user movements; delivering and tailoring interest-based advertising; developing of new products and services and fraud prevention. We and/or our service providers also share the information we collect with third parties for these purposes. We and our clients have access to reports produced by service providers that contain aggregated trends and statistics about website usage on our proprietary platforms.
- Device and Identifiers: The Site collects information about your devices and other identifiers including Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browsers, device type identifiers and operating systems. This information will be used to analyze trends, track users’ movements on our site and gather demographic information about the Site’s users as a whole. If you access our website using a mobile device, we also collect information about your mobile device, such as the device ID or another identifier as permitted by the manufacturer.
To learn about the third-party analytics and advertising providers we use on our Site and their privacy practices, please see their privacy notices below:
|DoubleClick (Google)||Advertising, analytics||https://policies.google.com/privacy|
|Google Tag Manager||www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners|
These providers help us perform advertising-related functions such as measuring the effectiveness of our ads, managing how many times you may see an ad, reporting on the performance of our ads, ensuring services are working correctly and securely, providing aggregate statistics and analytics, improving when and where you may see ads, and/or reducing ad fraud.
Choices You Have
You can use a range of tools to control information collection and use as well as make choices about receiving offers of products and services from us. Some browsers have incorporated “Do Not Track” (DNT) features that can send a signal to the websites you visit indicating you do not wish to be tracked. Because there is not a common understanding of how to interpret the DNT signal, our websites do not currently respond to browser DNT signals. If you no longer desire to use our services, you cancel your subscription by contacting us
- We may send you promotional or marketing e-mail communications containing information about other products and services we or other third parties we partner with. If you no longer wish to receive marketing or promotional e-mails from us, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions included in the e-mail or by contacting us. If you opt-out, we will continue to send you non-promotional e-mails.
Controls for Cookies and Tracking Technologies:
- You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can use your browser settings to reject or delete cookies. If you choose to delete cookies, settings and preferences controlled by those cookies, including advertising preferences, may be deleted and may need to be recreated. And, rejecting or deleting cookies may prevent you from taking full advantage of our website.
- E-mail applications have settings which allow you prevent the automatic downloading of images which will disable web beacons in the email messages you read
- Experian and many other companies participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) who provides a simple way to opt out of analytics and ad targeting. You can opt out through the DAA at http://optout.aboutads.info/
- To manage privacy settings for the third-party analytics and advertising providers we use on our Site:
|Company/Service||Manage Settings (opt-out)|
|Google Tag Manager||https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites|
If you access this Site from other devices or browsers, visit the links from those devices or browsers to ensure your choice applies to the information collected when you use those devices or browsers.
How You Can Update Your Personal Information
If you are subscriber and personal information that you provided to us changes, you can correct, update or amend it by making changes to your subscriber profile page. You may also make updates by contacting us.
How We Secure Your Personal Information
We have appropriate physical, technical and organizational measures and tools in place to protect your personal information against the loss, misuse and alteration of information that complies with relevant legal requirements and best practices. When you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card, Social Security number or login credentials) into the Site, we encrypt the transmission of that information using Secure Socket Layer (SSL)technology.
When you provide information through the Site, you should be aware that your information may be transmitted across the Internet and no method of transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. Although we take reasonable security measures to protect your information when we receive it, you also need to ensure you take appropriate steps to protect your information. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please notify us of the problem as soon as possible by contacting us.
Your California Privacy Rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
CSIdentity Corporation is a part of Experian. If you are a California consumer and would like to learn about Experian’s approach to privacy under the CCPA, please visit Experian’s California Privacy Rights Policy href=”https://www.experian.com/privacy/ccpa-privacy-policy.html” target=”_blank” rel=”noopener”>here.
Changes to This Policy
In the future, we may update this Policy to reflect changes to our information practices. You can determine when this Policy was last updated and the effective date of this Policy by referring to the last revised date. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices and this Policy.
If you have questions about this Policy or our privacy practices, please contact us by:
Mail: CSIdentity Corporation
Attn: Compliance Department
1501 S. Mopac Exp., Suite 200
Austin, TX 78746
Other Important Privacy Information
We also resell our services through third party commercial clients (“Clients”). In those cases, we do not have a direct relationship with the individuals whose information we collect to provide products and services through our Clients. If you are a customer of one of our Clients, we may use and share your information with the Client and third parties as noted in this Policy.
If you would no longer like to be contacted by one of our Clients, please contact the Client directly. Customers of our Clients should also direct requests for updates or corrections to their information to the Client. This Policy does not govern the privacy practices of our Clients. Please refer to the Clients privacy policies for information on their privacy practices.
Third-Party Websites, Links and Social Media:
The Site may contain links to third-party websites. Once you have used these links to leave our Site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information that you provide while visiting such websites and such websites are not governed by this Policy. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
The Site is not directed to individuals under the age of eighteen (18), and we request that such individuals not provide personal information through the Site. If you are under 18 years of age, you may browse our Site; however, you may not provide personal information to us such as name, address, or email address, and you may not register for, enroll in, and/or make product purchases.
For Former Customers
When you cancel your subscription or otherwise cease to be our customer, we may continue to use and share your information as described in this Policy.