Why do so many consumers continue to believe that credit alerts will protect them from the ever-growing threat of identity theft? According to the Federal Trade Commission, credit monitoring detects less than 20 percent of identity theft.
“The answer is simple,” said Bill Morrow, CEO of identity theft protection company CSID. “People have been misled to believe credit monitoring is the end-all be-all solution to identity theft protection. What consumers need to know is that credit monitoring is only a piece of the puzzle.”
CSID’s personal protection product CSID ProtectorSM goes beyond credit monitoring to offer subscribers 360 degrees of identity theft protection. Its rings of protection include:
- Credit report monitoring, including monitoring of credit inquiries, delinquencies, judgments and liens, bankruptcies, new loans and more.
- Court records monitoring to check for criminal actions associated with the subscriber’s name, birth date and / or Social Security number.
- Public records monitoring to search for misuse of subscribers’ names and addresses affiliated with their Social Security numbers, address histories and any changes to the same.
- Non-credit loans monitoring to check for short-term, high-interest payday loan activity that doesn’t require a credit inquiry.
- Internet surveillance that monitors Web sites, chat rooms and bulletin boards for criminal selling and / or trading of subscribers’ personal information online using CSID’s CyberAgentSM technology.
- Sex offender report searches that alert subscribers to sex offenders residing in their zip code and misuse of their identities by known offenders nationally.
- Address change request monitoring to alert subscribers to any address change requests being filled for their address.
“Our protection service is designed to catch identity theft as soon as possible, so the misuse of your identity can be stopped. The average identity theft victim spends more than 300 hours trying to restore his or her identity,” Morrow said. “CSID helps you save time and money by working on your behalf to restore your identity while you get on with your life.”
Bill Morrow is chairman and CEO of CSID, an identity theft protection company that offers a comprehensive suite of business and personal security solutions targeting all aspects of identity theft. CSID’s comprehensive Security Suite provides the industry’s strongest protection solutions, including identity validation, comprehensive background screenings, identity theft protection and data breach management.